OLD FASHIONED CLEANING TIPS : EASY WAY TO CLEAN BLINDS
Old Fashioned Cleaning Tips
- In or according to styles or types no longer current or common; not modern
- (of a person or their views) Favoring traditional and usually restrictive styles, ideas, or customs
- a cocktail made of whiskey and bitters and sugar with fruit slices
- antique: out of fashion; "a suit of rather antique appearance"; "demode (or outmoded) attire"; "outmoded ideas"
- (old-fashionedness) the property of being no longer fashionable
- make clean by removing dirt, filth, or unwanted substances from; "Clean the stove!"; "The dentist cleaned my teeth"
- Make (something or someone) free of dirt, marks, or mess, esp. by washing, wiping, or brushing
- the act of making something clean; "he gave his shoes a good cleaning"
- (clean) free from dirt or impurities; or having clean habits; "children with clean shining faces"; "clean white shirts"; "clean dishes"; "a spotlessly clean house"; "cats are clean animals"
- Remove the innards of (fish or poultry) prior to cooking
- (tip) gratuity: a relatively small amount of money given for services rendered (as by a waiter)
- Give (someone) a sum of money as a way of rewarding them for their services
- (tip) cause to tilt; "tip the screen upward"
- Predict as likely to win or achieve something
- (tip) the extreme end of something; especially something pointed
1,001 Old-Time Household
Hints: Timeless Bits of Household
Wisdom for Today's Home and Garden
Wonder what Grandma would have used to clean greasy kitchen walls? Cure a sore throat? Conquer insect pests in her vegetable garden? Wonder no longer!
Whatever your grandma did to fix and maintain things around the house and garden, it probably worked. That’s because the old ways are often the best ways when it comes to solutions for everyday problems, ideas for saving time, and handy advice for getting the job done. And that’s where 1,001 Old-Time Household Hints comes in. Find the best hints, tips
, and secrets for everything from cooking, cleaning
, and home maintenance to pet care, gardening, and holiday celebrations. You’ll also find ways to adapt and improve some old-time methods. Discover an amazing variety of useful and clever ideas, including how to:
• Clean copper pans, using buttermilk and salt
• Make real sourdough bread the way the pioneers did
• Fight wrinkles and create kissable lips
• Use natural ingredients to repair your hair
• Create your own unique perfume
• Organize common space in your home
• Use ivory soap for polishing silver and insect control
• Safely separate drinking glass
es that have been stuck together
• And more!
With 1,001 Old-Time Household Hints on your kitchen table or nightstand, you’re always in the good company of an old-timer who’s ready to dispense a helpful hint, encouraging word, or sage secret at the turn of a page. 310 color photographs
365 Day 252*
The reason I lie dead, face down, motionless, deathlike, or downright immobile in a lot of these photos is simply due to the long exposure of them. Otherwise, the photo wouldn’t come out right and I would be blurry.
Not so cool and a little too technical? Well………..
……….I guess there are other reasons.
For instance – to come up with an interesting self-portrait every day for an entire year, there are only so many ways to do it.
I have found that doing a sort of dramatic pose as seen makes the photo more interesting. Face digging into the street tipping my hat off to you in almost epic kind of “TA-DA” is what came to mind at this particular time.
That said – you know what I like most about this project? The fact that for me it’s become like a sort of journal that I am forced to write in everyday. And when I’m done, and I make my little book out of it – I can pick it up in the year 2050 and read it.
I imagine my thoughts of things when I’m 75 years old will be MUCH different than my feelings when I was a wee bit 31. Not to mention I’ll look different. I can’t wait to look back on this shit and see myself and hear my thoughts when I was tiny boy at 31 and go, “haha what a naive asshole”.
Earlier today I was sitting outside my apartment smoking a cigarette. It was my first cigarette of the day – but oh boy I enjoyed it.
I sat there as the sun was setting and watched a bird fly in the sky. But I didn’t really think about the bird so much that I reflected upon the notion of the bird going nowhere. It sort of flew around with no destination, wings spread out until I could see it no longer.
And it got me to thinking that there is so much going on around me. The bird, the football game in my house, the syndicated Wheel of Fortune going on in my neighbors house, the kid riding his scooter coming home for dinner, the 2 teenage girls giggling walking back home, and the 4 dudes walking out towards the road where the one of them tapped with his hand sort of jumped hitting the top of a fixture in a playful fashion, and all the bugs and amoebas that I can’t even see?
I guess this is why I enjoy my cigarettes outside. It kind of let’s me get away from the bullshit going on even in MY OWN APARTMENT and gives me a moment to mull over my own world and possibly anything outside of it.
Relaxing and meditative.
The shot at hand? Just me walking around with a tripod and a camera around my neighborhood searching for yet another shot. I liked the lighting on this asshole trashcan in the middle of the street.
Sooo – I thought I would kind of construe myself in the middle of the road and make a photo out of it.
Location: Union Ave (about 10 blocks from my apartment); Alameda, California
Taken: August 15th, 2009 (about 1 hr late post midnight)
Posted: August 20th, 2009
she looks sad, like she really wants a tip. so old fashioned
, it might not be P.C.
KInda bossy........huh?and what does she think shes gonna do with that duster, that aint gonna clean sh%t. i would expect more work than that. :)
Similar posts: cost for dog teeth cleaning cleaning molds wayne every girl clean pure clean water how to clean a hardwood floor clothes for cleaning how to clean sterling silverware agnes cleans house
- 21:35 |
- Category: None
Comment is pending approval.
Comment is pending blog author's approval.
- 2018/03/08(木) 22:51:04 |
- [ Edit ]